Remedy Partners New York
Director, Front End Architecture January 2015–
- Design front-end architecture based on Angular JS for care management system to be used by over a thousand healthcare providers.
- Lead project technical teams for both internal and customer-facing projects.
- Streamline front-end development process, cutting development time from >125% of backend development to <50% of backend development time on most projects.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Grew department from 3 developers to 7 developers.
Inovance, Inc. New York
Lead Front-end Developer –
- Establish front-end coding standards and practices.
- Develop an interactive dashboard using d3.js, fabric.js, and Angular-rendered SVG to effectively communicate foreign exchange market insights developed by Inovance's machine learning algorithms.
C & P Bibliography Services, LLC New York
Bibliographer and founder –
- Coordinate, plan, and implement software development projects in dynamic HTML5 and Perl, including projects for a member of the Fortune 500 and several public and university libraries.
- Develop knowledge organization system (Biblionarrator) in Node.JS that supports visualization using d3.js, addressing clients’ needs for powerful search features and an intuitive data entry interface.
- Research, design, and deliver print, digital, and cloud-based catalogues for several collections, leading to over $250,000 worth of sales for clients and reducing IT costs for clients by more than $20,000.
ByWater Solutions West Haven, CT
Lead Support Specialist –
Point person for more than fifty customers of a library technology vendor. Provided comprehensive technical support to customers and ensured that customer concerns were addressed in a timely fashion by collaborating with cross-functional team.
American Numismatic Society Library New York
Assistant Librarian April 2010–
Cataloger –April 2010
- Supervised and trained five library interns and two volunteers.
- Spearheaded migration from legacy software package to new open source integrated library system (Koha).
- Co-directed several retrospective conversion projects.
- Catalogued and indexed new monograph, auction catalog, and journal acquisitions.
Various private collectors Edinburgh and New York
Freelance Bibliographer, Cataloger, and Archivist –
- Managed a 3-person project cataloguing and organizing a collection of several thousand books under a tight deadline, leading to the publication of a 500-page printed catalog within four months of beginning project.
- Prepared bibliography of the works of a major American poet.
Brooklyn College Library Brooklyn, NY
- Developed Russian-language library instruction videos using Camtasia Studio.
New York Public Library New York
Volunteer/Intern, Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of English and American Literature –
- Assisted with the organization and processing of a large archival collection.
Western Manuscripts Section, Bodleian Library Oxford
Visiting Fellow –
- Processed several manuscript collections with materials from the seventeenth through nineteenth centuries.
Special Collections, Newman Library, Virginia Polytechnic and State University Blacksburg, VA
Library Assistant (Temporary)
- Processed one twentieth century and two nineteenth century manuscript collections.
American University of Afghanistan Kabul, Afghanistan
- Trained two staff members and implemented staff training seminars.
- Identified and solicited potential donors of both books and electronic resource access.
- Managed database subscriptions.
- Performed original and copy cataloguing for new acquisitions.
- Administered university's Koha integrated library system installation.
Rare Books and Special Collections, Firestone Library, Princeton University Princeton, NJ
Library Assistant IV Summer 2006 and
Library Assistant III Summer
- Managed a team of three students working on a short-term project to ship extensive archival collection to off-site storage facility.
- Planned and managed long-term project to describe and organize large newspaper collection.
- Processed and catalogued new acquisitions in the rare books department.
Access Services, TCNJ Library, The College of New Jersey Ewing, NJ
Senior Library Coordinator January 2007–
Student Supervisor September 2005–December 2005
Office Manager January 2005–May 2005
Circulation Desk Assistant –December 2004
- Managed circulation desk and supervised shifts of up to four student employees.
- Provided prompt service to faculty and students in a busy college library.
Writing Center, Al Akhawayn University Ifrane, Morocco
- Assisted non-native English speakers with revising academic papers.
Visionware Systems Princeton, NJ
- Automated internal processes, cutting time requirements of key business tasks by 75%.
- Developed software which enabled the company to win a major $300,000 contract.
Master of Science, Library and Information Science Palmer School of Library & Information Science, Long Island University
Bachelor of Arts, English The College of New Jersey
FastTrac GrowthVenture SUNY Levin Institute/Kauffman Foundation
History of Bookbinding Rare Book School
Intensive Russian, Level 1 Kathryn Wasserman Davis School of Russian, Middlebury College
Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) International House Budapest
TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015 Hackathon: bandyo May 3, 2015
SmallBizDev Hackathon: easyCFO
Sears Retail Hackathon: PartPic
Best use of Intel Technology
TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2014 Hackathon: kioto.io
2010 RBMS Preconference 2010
IMLS Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Grant
Long Island University 2009
Grant, "To Prepare Students for Digital Work with Rare books & Special Collections"
Rare Book School 2009
Oxford University 2008
Visiting Fellowship, Bodleian Library
The College of New Jersey 2004–2007
Co-chair, Professional Development Program January 2016–
Instructor August 2014–
True Potential Toastmasters
Secretary July 2014–May 2015
Module Maintainer (Authorities) for Koha 3.16 –
Release Manager for Koha 3.12 –
Release Maintainer for Koha 3.6.x –
Vice President for Membership –
Member, Reference and Research Committee –
A password-protected portfolio is available at portfolio.bibliography.io. For access, send me an e-mail.