+1 (917) 727-3445
Director, Front End Architecture January 2015–
- Design front-end architecture based on Angular JS for care management system to be used by hundreds of hospitals.
- Manage 4-person front-end development department.
- Lead project technical teams for both internal and customer-facing features.
- Mentor junior developers.
Inovance, Inc. New York
Lead Front-end Developer –
- Establish front-end coding standards and practices.
- Develop an interactive dashboard using d3.js and Angular-rendered SVG to effectively communicate foreign exchange market insights developed by Inovance's machine learning algorithms.
C & P Bibliography Services, LLC New York
Bibliographer and founder –
- Coordinate, plan, and implement software development projects in dynamic HTML5 and Perl, including projects for a member of the Fortune 500 and several public and university libraries.
- Develop knowledge organization system (Biblionarrator) in Node.JS that supports visualization using d3.js, addressing clients’ needs for powerful search features and an intuitive data entry interface.
- Research, design, and deliver print, digital, and cloud-based catalogues for several collections, leading to over $250,000 worth of sales for clients and reducing IT costs for clients by more than $20,000.
ByWater Solutions West Haven, CT
Lead Support Specialist –
Point person for more than fifty customers of a library technology vendor. Provided comprehensive technical support to customers and ensured that customer concerns were addressed in a timely fashion by collaborating with cross-functional team.
American Numismatic Society Library New York
Assistant Librarian April 2010–
Cataloger –April 2010
- Supervised and trained five library interns and two volunteers.
- Spearheaded migration from legacy software package to new integrated library system (Koha).
- Co-directed several retrospective conversion projects.
- Catalogued and indexed new monograph, auction catalog, and journal acquisitions.
Various private collectors Edinburgh and New York
Freelance Bibliographer, Cataloger, and Archivist –
- Managed a 3-person project cataloguing and organizing a collection of several thousand books under a tight deadline, leading to the publication of a 500-page printed catalog within four months of beginning project.
- Prepared bibliography of the works of a major American poet.
Brooklyn College Library Brooklyn, NY
- Developed Russian-language library instruction videos using Camtasia Studio.
New York Public Library New York
Volunteer/Intern, Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of English and American Literature –
- Assisted with the organization and processing of a large archival collection.
Western Manuscripts Section, Bodleian Library Oxford
Visiting Fellow –
- Processed several manuscript collections with materials from the seventeenth through nineteenth centuries.
Special Collections, Newman Library, Virginia Polytechnic and State University Blacksburg, VA
Library Assistant (Temporary)
- Processed one twentieth century and two nineteenth century manuscript collections.
American University of Afghanistan Kabul, Afghanistan
- Trained two staff members and implemented staff training seminars.
- Identified and solicited potential donors of both books and electronic resource access.
- Managed database subscriptions.
- Performed original and copy cataloguing for new acquisitions.
- Administered university's Koha integrated library system installation.
Rare Books and Special Collections, Firestone Library, Princeton University Princeton, NJ
Library Assistant IV Summer 2006 and
Library Assistant III Summer
- Managed a team of three students working on a short-term project to ship extensive archival collection to off-site storage facility.
- Planned and managed long-term project to describe and organize large newspaper collection.
- Processed and catalogued new acquisitions in the rare books department.
Access Services, TCNJ Library, The College of New Jersey Ewing, NJ
Senior Library Coordinator January 2007–
Student Supervisor September 2005–December 2005
Office Manager January 2005–May 2005
Circulation Desk Assistant –December 2004
- Managed circulation desk and supervised shifts of up to four student employees.
- Provided prompt service to faculty and students in a busy college library.
Writing Center, Al Akhawayn University Ifrane, Morocco
- Assisted non-native English speakers with revising academic papers.
Visionware Systems Princeton, NJ
- Automated internal processes, cutting time requirements of key business tasks by 75%.
- Developed software which enabled the company to win a major $300,000 contract.
Master of Science, Library and Information Science Palmer School of Library & Information Science, Long Island University
Bachelor of Arts, English The College of New Jersey
FastTrac GrowthVenture SUNY Levin Institute/Kauffman Foundation
History of Bookbinding Rare Book School
Intensive Russian, Level 1 Kathryn Wasserman Davis School of Russian, Middlebury College
Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) International House Budapest
TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015 Hackathon: bandyo May 3, 2015
Built the user interface for Bandyo, a mobile app based on Ionic and Cordova that used Soundkick and Spotify to identify local concerts of potential interest.
SmallBizDev Hackathon: easyCFO
Built the user interface for easyCFO, "the personal, on-demand CFO for your business."
Sears Retail Hackathon: PartPic
Best use of Intel Technology
Built a mobile interface for PartPic, a tool for identifying parts in the Sears PartsDirect catalog by photo.
TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2014 Hackathon: kioto.io
Built a Google Chrome plugin for annotating websites and storing those annotations in Evernote.
2010 RBMS Preconference 2010
IMLS Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Grant
Long Island University 2009
Grant, "To Prepare Students for Digital Work with Rare books & Special Collections"
Rare Book School 2009
Oxford University 2008
Visiting Fellowship, Bodleian Library
The College of New Jersey 2004–2007
Instructor August 2014–
Teach librarians and researchers the basics of computer programming in two-day intensive workshops.
True Potential Toastmasters
Secretary July 2014–May 2015
Module Maintainer (Authorities) for Koha 3.16 –
Release Manager for Koha 3.12 –
Release Maintainer for Koha 3.6.x –
Elected three times to participate in the governance of the international Koha open source project. As Release Manager for Koha 3.12.0, managed project and led development for a major release that added new architecture for plugins and a modernized user experience for intranet interface. As Release Maintainer for Koha 3.06.5–3.06.10, ensured ongoing stability and security of system used in production by thousands of libraries world-wide.
Vice President for Membership –
Handle member inquiries and concerns for a cutural non-profit.
Member, Reference and Research Committee –
Camins-Esakov, Jared and Shari Perkins, comps. Like a Lily among Thorns: illustrated Judaica from the collection of D— P—. New York: Privately printed, 2015.
Perkins, Shari and Jared Camins-Esakov, eds. The Chaucer Collection of R— R—. New York: Privately printed, 2015.
Cheek, Richard. Selling the Dwelling: the Books That Built America's Houses, 1775–2000. New York: Grolier Club, 2013. (Indexer and proofreader)
Warren, Arete Swartz. Gardening by the Book: Celebrating 100 Years of the Garden Club of America. New York: GCA and Grolier Club, 2012. (Bibliographer and indexer)
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Automatic Generation of Printed Catalogs: An Initial Attempt." Code4Lib Journal 10 (2010).
H.D. The Mystery, edited by Jane Augustine. Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida, 2009. (Indexer)
Camins-Esakov, Jared, and Catey Farley. A catalogue of ornithology books in the collection of M— W—. New York: Privately printed, 2009. (Author and bibliographer)
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Bibliography of Librarianship in Afghanistan." AAMES Newsletter 5, no. 2 (2008): 2, 4, 6–7.
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Libraries in Afghanistan." Focus on International Library and Information Work 39, no. 1 (2008): 5–9.
Camins-Esakov, Jared. Panelist, "Disruptive Technologies in the Big Data Ecosystem." Data Center World Leadership Conference, Orlando, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Being a citizen: hints for sponsoring Koha development." KohaCon 2014, Córdoba, Argentina, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "What Really Matters: Presenting Information So People Care." UXconnect webinar, Kent, OH, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Linking Library Data Today: Exploring Connections with 'Regular' Data." World IA Day 2014, New York, . (Slides
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "bibliography, n. : or, why books are bought." Invited lecture for the Greater New York Independent Publishers Association, New York, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "'But My Patrons Need More Information!': Analytical Records and Koha." KohaCon 2012, Edinburgh, Scotland, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Reflections on the Post-Soviet Approach to the Imperial Russian Book (18th and 19th Centuries)." Paper presented at ASEEES 43, Washington, DC, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Mediating Wives: The Role of Women in the Construction of the Russian Canon." Paper presented at Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference 34, Long Island City, NY, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Generating printed catalogs from structured bibliographic data." Lecture, UCLA Information Studies Colloquium, Los Angeles, CA, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "The English Self-Tutor: or, an Easy Method for Understanding the Nineteenth-Century Book Trade." Paper presented at Mid-Atlantic Slavic Conference 33, Swarthmore, PA, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "A librarian in Afghanistan: black tie and combat boots." Invited lecture, Rector's seminar series, Exeter College, Oxford, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "Lessons from Afghanistan: what the Bodleian can learn from Afghan libraries." Lecture for Special Collections, Bodleian Library, Oxford University, Oxford, .
Camins-Esakov, Jared. "The Hebrew Troubadours: Poetic Provençal Provenance?" Thesis presentation, Celebration of Student Achievement 10, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ, .
Dunn, Jim, Mike Skelly, Jr., and Jared Camins-Esakov. "Fuel cells for vehicles," chaired by Robert Wills. Presentation for Energy in Schools, Albany, NY, .